As part of the DFG programme “Specialized information services for Researchers” Heidelberg University Library and Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München are expanding their existing offers to a joint Specialized Information Service Classics. The areas of competence developed in the first two phases of the project will be consistently further developed in six fields of action.
In close collaboration with researchers we focus our efforts on the following areas for 2022-2024:
- Provision of information ressources
- Expansion of the field specific information infrastructure Propylaeum / PropylaeumSEARCH
- Electronic publishing in Open Access – Propylaeum-E-Publishing, including extension of the offer for the project "Publishing-Plus"
- Sustainability for excellent specialised information (Migration of the Gnomon Bibliographic Database)
- Linked Open Data – "Digital Classics"
- Science communication/PR/marketing
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München is responsible for the fields of Byzantine Studies, Ancient History, Ancient Near Eastern Studies, Classical philology, Medieval and Neo-Latin philology and Pre- and Early History, while Heidelberg University Library is in charge of Egyptology and Classical Archeology.