Are you looking for a way to publish your eBook?
The open access platform Propylaeum-eBOOKS offers classical scholars worldwide a way to quickly publish their academic ebooks.
We can help you share your research results by using an open access model, either “golden path” (initial publication as open access) or “green path” (an initially non-open access book switched to an open access model). We offer this service to classical scholars worldwide.
For this we use the open source software OMP (Open Monograph Press) of the Public Knowledge Project (PKP).
Propylaeum-eBooks is the open access publication platform of Propylaeum, the Specialized Information Service for Classical Studies founded by the DFG and maintained by the University Library Heidelberg.
Propylaeum-eBooks includes the following principles:
- The primary publishing model of Propylaeum-eBooks is open access online publication in a range of different digital formats.
- In addition to freely accessible digital formats, Propylaeum-eBOOKS offers to publish printed books (print on demand) to make them available at bookshops.
- Monographs and anthologies of all subject fields of classical studies are published.
- The most important criterion for a publication in Propylaeum-eBOOKS is that it meets academic quality standards. This should be guaranteed by reviewers’ recommendations or, in the case of academic series, by the respective editors.
- Books published on Propylaeum-eBOOKS receive a DOI and their own ISBN. Thus, they can be referenced permanently. Book series furthermore receive an ISSN.
If you are interested in our services, please do not hesitate to contact us, irrespective of whether your open access ebook is currently only at the planning stage, or whether an already existing print version of the book or series is to be converted into an electronic publication.