Propylaeum - Specialized Information Service Classics
As part of the new DFG programme “Specialized information services for Researchers” Heidelberg University Library and Bayerische Staatsbibliothek Munich are expanding their existing offers to a joint Specialized Information Service Classics. The aim is to further develop and extend customized offers for the classics research community.
In close collaboration with researchers we focus of our efforts on the following areas for 2016-2018:
- Provision of information ressources
- Expansion of the field specific information infrastructure Propylaeum / PropylaeumSEARCH
- Electronic publishing in Open Access – Propylaeum-E-Publishing
- Sustainability for excellent specialised information
- Linked Open Data – „Digital Classics“
- Science communication/PR/marketing
Bayerische Staatsbibliothek München is responsible for the fields of Byzantine Studies, Ancient History, Classical philology, Medieval and Neo-Latin philology and Pre- and Early History, while Heidelberg University Library is in charge of Egyptology and Classical Archeology.